Star 10 is environmentally friendly and it works. It contains no methylene chloride, caustics or acids, so it’s safe to use on metal, wood and fiberglass, which means you can strip just about anything including planes, cars, boats and Aunt Betsy’s hope chest. Star 10 Phase 2 Paste is the workhorse of the Star 10 line; it will remove 99% of all paints and finishes. Apply the paste to a thickness of about 1/16" on a test strip, and let it sit for half an hour. Remove a small portion to see if it is down to bare wood; if not, let it sit for another half an hour and continue testing in this manner until you reach bare wood. This will tell you how long to let the stripper “cook” to remove the finish on the entire piece. Once down to bare wood, gently remove stripped finish with a scraper and wire brush. Clean up and detail with a synthetic pad or a short bristle brush soaked in Phase 1 Liquid.
- This product cannot ship to a PO box. Delivery requires street address
- Contains no methylene chloride, caustics or acids
- Safe to use on wood, fiberglass and metal and is environmentally friendly
- Removes 99% of all finishes
- Removes stickers, labels, graffiti, synthetic glues, pitch and tar